Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pizza Pie Cafe



We are cruising to eat at every restaurant on State Street in Orem.

   I drove Phil and 2 friends and watched their team play in the AAU Tournament in the final JV game (which was a tough loss).  The game was at 6 so we were headed home after 7:00 with two of his teammates.  I was hungry.  I offered to take them to a nearby Subway.  Someone said Pizza Pie Cafe. I thought that sounded great.  Willie had taken us there to eat one visit in Idaho and I really liked it. Loved the buffet pizza idea; plus salad and pasta. (Turns out from looking at their website, it was the first one.)  I proceeded to look for the nearest one on my new-fangled cell phone GPS (I am liking this Siri GPS capability).  However, Phil piped up and said, “No, let’s go to the new one in Orem.”  I had heard a new one was opening in Orem.  “Okay, so where is it?” I asked. Phil said it was right by Ridley’s where the video/game store used to be.  WHAT!  I had no idea it was so close.  That is exciting.
   So, we headed there, worth the wait of driving.  The employees had t-shirts that said “Your Mom loves Pizza Pie Cafe” on the back.  Yes, that was true.  I was eating well, grabbing the smaller sized slices of pizza to try lots of the varieties.  Surprisingly, I liked the peach dessert one even better than the chocolate one.  I thought I ate a lot until, when we were finally ready to go, Phil’s friend announced he had just finished his 16th piece.  Good stuff: Value is even better if one goes between 2:00 and 4:00.  This will be a repeat!



No comments: